Veteran Ventures Capital provides update on its portfolio companies
The latest issue of the Eagle’s Nest Newsletter from Knoxville-headquartered Veteran Ventures Capital (VVC) spotlights several of the fund’s portfolio companies. Those are on top of the recent announcement of VVC’s sixth investment from Veteran Fund I in Grist Mill Exchange.
The highlights include:
- Silent Arrow®, which provides heavy payload autonomous cargo delivery, has been awarded a $2.2 million U.S. Department of Defense contract from the Warfighting Lab Incentive Fund, including the purchase of five Silent Arrow® GD-2000 Autonomous Cargo Delivery Aircraft Systems for Operational Evaluation and Concept of Operations development.
- Haven‘s partnership with Johnson Controls International (JCI), a Fortune 500 conglomerate, continues to strengthen as they enter into co-development of next generation PowerG Lockdown unit. Haven markets a high-strength smart lock that’s 10x stronger than a deadbolt and installs in less than 15 minutes.
- SEE ID announced that Victoria, TX Caterpillar plant is issuing a purchase order for the first installation of its technology on Caterpillar equipment. The company provides a patented passive RFID tracking solution.
- VeriTX, a digital marketplace for buying and selling digital/physical assets using blockchain technology, officially closed its $5 million Series A recently.
- Hero Beverage Company continues to build on a series of strategic alliances and is now the exclusive specialty coffee brand of the Washington Nationals.