Speakers announced for “Southeast Energy Policy Forum”
The list includes an author and journalist, former Governor of Tennessee, Chair of World Energy Council, and top executive at TVA.
It’s still nearly two months away, but the Baker School of Public Policy and Public Affairs at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville has announced more speakers for the first-ever “Southeast Energy Policy Forum.”
Scheduled for August 16-18 at the School’s campus facility, the event is designed to provide educational content and networking opportunities for private and public sector leaders as they navigate new energy markets, decarbonization trends, demand-side technologies, and transportation electrification.
The six speakers announced are:
- Chad Autry, Associate Dean for Research and Faculty in UTK’s Haslam College of Business;
- Phil Bredesen, former Governor of Tennessee and Founding Chair of Silicon Ranch Corporation;
- Russell Gold, an author and journalist with Texas Monthly and formerly The Wall Street Journal;
- Mike Howard, Chair of the World Energy Council and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Emeritus of EPRI;
- Shameek Konar, former CEO of Pilot Company; and
- Jeff Lyash, President and CEO of the Tennessee Valley Authority.
Early bird pricing of $900 is available through July 31, and there is also a special rate of $450 for government employees.