New report from Missouri Technology Corporation has familiar recommendations
The Missouri Technology Corporation released a new plan last week that includes 16 different actions to help the state better promote entrepreneurship and advance start-ups.
Titled “Catalyzing Innovation: Strategies for Missouri to Drive Innovation and Entrepreneurship” and compiled by TEConomy Partners LLC of Columbus, OH, the report identifies five main areas where the state’s innovation and entrepreneurship economy is currently lagging. The findings and recommendations might sound familiar.
- Deploy greater levels of early stage investment capital to meet the demands of Missouri’s growing entrepreneurial base;
- Foster the growth and scalability of its high potential, high-growth start-ups by increasing access to quality entrepreneurial support services throughout the State of Missouri;
- Launch and cultivate innovative start-ups by taking advantage of Missouri’s research strengths by converting the intellectual assets into market opportunities;
- Inspire and encourage more Missourians to participate in entrepreneurial endeavors; and
- Connect as “One Missouri” by overcoming physical and cultural barriers so that Missouri’s entrepreneurial ecosystems connect with each other and with the world.
Many of the 16 recommendations, such as a matching program for recipients of Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer awards, are already available in Tennessee. Several documents, including the executive summary and full report, can be found here.