Local region has some of the most cited researchers in the world
ORNL has seven on the latest rankings, two more list the lab as their second affiliation.
Seven Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) scientists have been named among the world’s most influential researchers on the 2023 Highly Cited Researchers list, produced by Clarivate, a data analytics firm that specializes in scientific and academic research. They were among 7,125 so recognized across the globe.
“These scientists have delivered significant impact for the scientific community and nation,” said ORNL Director Stephen Streiffer. “This honor highlights their commitment, hard work and leadership in their respective fields.”
The ORNL researchers named to the list are:
- Miaofang Chi, Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences;
- David A. Cullen, Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences;
- Jiaqiang Yan, Materials Science and Technology Division;
- Colleen M. Iversen, Environmental Sciences Division;
- Sheng Dai, Chemical Sciences Division;
- Michael McGuire, Materials Science and Technology Division; and
- Richard Norby, retired, Environmental Sciences Division.
Arthur Ragauskas, a University of Tennessee-ORNL Governor’s Chair for Biorefining, and David Mandrus, a UT Knoxville Professor, are named on the list with ORNL as their second affiliation. Richard Dixon, also listed as affiliated with ORNL, is a Research Professor in the Department of Biological Sciences at the University of North Texas, Denton.