No student entrepreneurs from Tennessee colleges and universities are among the 54 selected to compete in the prestigious “Rice Business Plan Competition.”
The 54, selected from more than 440 applicants, will compete April 6 through 9. Like last year, the event will be virtual. Southeaster Conference schools did place a few in the finals including:
- Bullyproof, University of Arkansas;
- AI-Ris, Texas A&M University; and
- SwiftSku, Auburn University.
Two start-ups founded by University of Tennessee, Knoxville students have participated in the past.
- Erica Grant, Founder of Quantum Lock Technologies LLC and a participant in Cohort 5 of the “Innovation Crossroads” program operated by Oak Ridge National Laboratory, was a participant in 2020.
- Tony Bova, Co-Founder of mobius, competed in 2016 when the company was known as Grow Bioplastics.