Looking to binge on a week of pitches. If so, the organizers of this year’s virtual “Startup Week Chattanooga” have you covered next week. There are six pitch events among about 90 total sessions that I counted during the weeklong celebration of entrepreneurship in the city.
You can find the full schedule here that also includes individual presenters, panel discussions, workshops, and award presentations. There are two major awards sessions:
- The Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce’s annual “Spirit of Innovation Awards” presentation begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday. It honors businesses that originated in the region and have potential to impact many people and inspire change either within one industry or across a broader spectrum honors businesses that originated in the region and have potential to impact many people and inspire change either within one industry or across a broader spectrum.
- The sixth annual “Chattanooga Startup Awards” starts at 4 p.m. Thursday and will feature the naming of the “Startup of the Year” as well as the announcement of winners in award categories from The Enterprise Center, CO.LAB, LAUNCH, Society of Work and The INCubator.
Many of the sessions require pre-registration and might already be at capacity. As far as the schedule for the competitions, it is as follows:
- 12 noon Monday, October 19 – “Will This Float?: Black Founders Edition”;
- 1 p.m. Tuesday, October 20 – “Chattanooga Angels Pitch Event”;
- 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, October 20 – “TVFCU’s Virtual Idea Leap Pitch Night”;
- 1 p.m. Thursday, October 22 – “HealthTech Pitch”;
- 10 a.m. Friday, October 23 – “Amplify Pitch Competition with Humanaut, Pathfinder Films, and The Sasha Group”; and
- 1:30 p.m. Friday, October 23 – “GIG City Innovation Challenge: EV Edition.” You can also learn more about the event in this article that appeared in SmartCitiesWorld.