Relevance Ventures provides update on several portfolio companies
Brentwood-based Relevance Ventures recently provided an update on several of its portfolio companies. The firm invests in solutions that make people’s lives better, focusing on the wellness sector, and adds that it “centers” on Series A and B, but also strategically participates in seed and later stage opportunities.
The companies for which Relevance Ventures provided updates are as follows;
- CivicEye, based in Charlotte, NC, has launched its inaugural “Law Enforcement Empowerment Program” (LEEP) that provides an opportunity for tribal law enforcement agencies to partner with CivicEye on a free Records Management System (RMS) pilot program. “The program will be a vital tool in enabling agencies that otherwise couldn’t afford software or solutions for their departments,” the summary says. Click here to learn more.
- Tampa-headquartered Vacayou, described as a wellness travel platform, has appointed travel industry expert Chris Brown as Chief Product Officer. Brown, an industry veteran, has had multiple successful travel start-ups. He co-founded the independent holiday review website Holidaywatchdog.com, which was acquired by TripAdvisor in 2008. Learn more here.
- Anduin, also from Charlotte, announced that it will be a platinum sponsor at this week’s “BDO Alliance USA Conference” in Las Vegas. The company will showcase its Intelligence-Based BillingTM platform for an exclusive group of top-ranked certified public accounting firm leaders. Click here for more information.
- The Ohio State University Medical Center has partnered with Diet ID, an instant digital dietary assessment and health behavior change platform based in Detroit, on a special project designed to promote healthy eating habits in hospital medicine. In this news release, Diet ID notes that one in six American adults suffer from at least one chronic disease, and diet is now the single leading indicator of chronic disease as well as the leading cause of premature death in the U.S.
- PetScreening, yet another Charlotte-based start-up, has unveiled a pricing tool to accompany its trademarked FIDO ScoreTM. The FIDO Score is an algorithmic number that measures the housing-related risk of each pet and its owner. The pricing tool is the next evolution of the FIDO Score, designed to assist operators in properly setting pet prices. Click here to learn more.