Nineteen Knoxville area companies made the latest listing of Inc. magazine’s 5000 fastest growing privately held companies in the U.S.
Announced at 7 a.m. EDT Tuesday morning, the new rankings include a number of previous winners as well as several new additions. They were part of 120 companies from across the Volunteer State to make Inc. magazine’s 2021 list. They reported a combined $5.0 billion in revenue, the addition of 10,531 jobs during the year, and a median growth rate of 171 percent.
There were a number of repeat winners from the Knoxville region.
- As noted in our lead article in today’s edition of teknovation.biz, Karen Coffey Coaching of Sevierville was the highest ranked company from the Knoxville region at #200 with a reported 2,181 percent growth rate over the three-year period. The company is a mentorship program for women in real estate.
- Boston Government Services (BGS), the Oak Ridge-based company that has built a thriving national government services business from his adopted base of operations. BGS reported a 350 percent increase in three-year revenues and was the highest ranked repeat honoree at #1359.
- Axle Logistics, a non-asset based, third-party logistics company with a focus on providing safe, reliable, advanced logistics services to a wide variety of customers throughout the continental U.S., Canada, and Mexico. It was ranked #1486 with 319 percent in revenue growth.
- Call Center Sales Pro, based in Seymour, was recognized last year as ONE Business Solutions that is one of its subsidiaries. Ranked #1514 with 312 percent in growth, the company is a woman-owned and operated business that augment a business’ normal hours of operation, provides after-hours coverage, or a hybrid of both.
- RDI Technologies Inc., Knoxville’s highest ranked growth company in 2020 at #301, came in this year at #2036 with a 217 percent growth rate. RDI Technologies uses its proprietary platform powered by Motion Amplification® to enable users to see and measure motion that is impossible to see with the human eye and could only be measured previously by contacting sensors.
- RCN Technologies, the Knoxville-based company with a mission to make sense of communications for commercial, public sector, and non-profit organizations, placed #2600 with a 158 percent increase in revenue. We spotlighted the company in this March 2019 biz article.
- Ole Smoky Distillery of Gatlinburg ranked #3112 with a 121 percent growth rate. Its product should be obvious to readers!
- KaTom Restaurant Supply Inc., now a 13-time listee, ranked #3506, also with a 98 percent growth rate. No doubt that past 18 months and the havoc that the restaurant industry experienced took a toll on the Kodak-based company.
- K & P Enterprises, another Knoxville company, came in at #3240 with 112 percent growth. The company provides sales, installation, and service for kitchen cabinet refacing, and closet organization systems for stores of a major national chain. We shared their remarkable up and down journey in this two-part (Part 1 and Part 2) biz series last year.
- Priority Ambulance, a firm whose services should be obvious, ranked #4033 this year with 76 percent revenue growth.
- Mac’s LTC Pharmacy Solutions and its Powell location rounded-out the Knoxville companies at #4391 and a growth rate of 63 percent.
In addition, new to the list this time from the Knoxville area were:
- Hydroviv of Knoxville placed #275 nationally. The provider of water filtering technology recorded three-year revenue growth of 1,682 percent.
- Fidem Interop of Maryville ranked at #398. It provides specialized system integration services in the healthcare sector and reported 1,215 percent growth during the period.
- AVERO Advisors, also of Maryville and ranked #721 with a reported 681 percent growth rate. We spotlighted the government-focused information technology company in this April 2020 biz article.
- Two Roads, a Knoxville-based bookkeeping firm that also provides fractional Chief Financial Officer services, placed #2366 on the list with a reported 179 percent growth in revenue.
- IB3 Global Solutions, an Oak Ridge-headquartered company that we spotlighted in this June 2020 biz article, placed #2386. The company provides services and solutions that reduce threats across the chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear spectrum.
- Keystone Mortgage Group of Knoxville placed #3491 with a growth rate of 98 percent. According to the firm’s website, its focus it to “provide the people of Tennessee with a mortgage broker that isn’t just a loan store, but an ally, advocate and friend.”
- Four Seasons Inc., a Knoxville-based mechanical and HVAC company, came in at #3697 with a 90 percent revenue increase.
- PerfectServe, another Knoxville-headquartered company, helps facilitate communication between clinicians, patients, and their caregivers in a secure and convenient way. It ranked #3754 with 88 percent growth over the three years.