New pitch competition for Black founders in Knox County
Apply now, mark your calendars for June 19, 2023, and come witness the greatness among Knox County's Black entrepreneurs.
Calling all Black entrepreneurs!
The Women and Shora Foundation are excited to announce The Crown Pitch competition for Black entrepreneurs, where you’ll have the opportunity to showcase your business and win funding and resources to achieve your goals.
The Crown Pitch is an opportunity for Black businesses to win $5,000 and learn from mentors, access resources, network, and receive support along their entrepreneurial journeys.
To be eligible for The Crown Pitch competition:
- The owner, or co-owner, of the business must be at least 21 years of age;
- The business featured in the pitch must be at least 51 percent Black-owned, operated and controlled;
- The applicant must be the owner, founder, or CEO, of a business that has been started within the last five years;
- The applicant must understand that funding is taxable;
- The applicant must attend ALL five workshops and the pitch competition;
- The business must be located in Knox County.
The competition organizers are looking for passionate and driven individuals who are eager to make a difference in their communities and beyond. Whether you have a product or a service, The Women and Shora Foundation are eager to hear from you.
To apply, fill out this application form. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so don’t wait too long to submit.
The deadline to apply is April 30, 2023. The pitch competition will be on June 19, 2023, at 6 p.m. at the Old City Performing Arts Center, located at 111 State Street in Knoxville.