The Knoxville Entrepreneur Center has announced a five-part series of virtual workshops focused on individuals who make custom jewelry, decorative home items, or other handmade products to sell on Etsy. The “Etsy Entrepreneurship Program” is designed for sellers who have opened an Etsy shop and are currently making sales on Etsy, but the first session on March 29 is intended for sellers who are new to the platform. Those who have already opened an Etsy shop and choose to take the full program can skip this class.
Each workshop in the series is taught by successful online craft sellers who will share best practices on topics that impact sellers most, including getting discovered on Etsy, taking better pictures of your products, and building your brand. This program is specifically designed for creative makers from underserved communities. Specific sessions, all running from 6 to 9 p.m. EDT. are as follows:
- March 29: “Introduction to Etsy: Why Etsy? + Opening Your Shop”;
- March 31: “Branding Your Shop + Finding Your Target Customer”;
- April 5: “Etsy SEO + Pricing Your Products”;
- April 7: “Product Photography + Social Media”; and
- April 12: “Shipping, Stats, Special Offers.”
More information and a link to registration can be found here. Cost for all sessions is $25.