How could the President’s Executive Order on AI impact your start-up?
Crunchbase News' Joanna Glasner offers insights on five possibilities.
Wondering how the new Executive Order on artificial intelligence (AI) issued earlier this week by President Joe Biden might impact your start-up?
Crunchbase News’ Joanna Glasner has you covered in this analysis that addresses five areas:
- Setting standards for red-team testing before public release of AI systems;
- Protecting against the risks of using AI to engineer dangerous biological materials by developing strong new standards for biological synthesis screening;
- Establishing standards and best practices for detecting AI-generated content;
- Shaping AI’s potential to transform education by creating resources to support educators deploying AI-enabled educational tools, such as personalized tutoring in schools; and
- Using existing authorities to expand the ability of highly skilled immigrants and nonimmigrants with expertise in critical areas to study, stay, and work in the United States by modernizing and streamlining visa criteria, interviews, and reviews.