The repercussions from the coronavirus continue to cause impacts throughout the region, forcing cancellations or alternate plans for entrepreneurial and/or innovation-focused events as well as modified business operations.
- The March 19 “Bunker Brews Knoxville” meet-up has been cancelled.
- Options for the Knoxville Technology Council’s monthly “Lunch and Learn” set for March 25 are still being discussed, according to Brandon Bruce late Friday. Any updates will be forthcoming.
- The March 28 monthly meeting of the Tennessee Inventors Association is postponed.
- The March 31 “ETEC . . . After Hours” meet-up that was scheduled for the University of Tennessee Research Park at Cherokee Farm is being postponed as are the next two weekly meetings of the organization that attract between 75 and 200 people on Friday mornings.
There are also several known cancellations for those south of Knoxville along I-75.
- The LITE House in Athens announced on Saturday that its is postponing all group events until further notice.
- The Chattanooga Area Chamber announced Thursday that it has postponed its “2020 Small Business Awards” luncheon and the corresponding EXPO that was set for April 1. No word yet on a new date.
Knoxville-based GRIDSMART, a company spotlighted numerous times in teknovation.biz as it grew before being acquired in late 2018, announced that most of its staff at the headquarters in Hardin Valley would be working remotely for the most part, providing technical support by phone and online.