“Grow Better Together” is theme of all-day women in tech event September 22
It's the latest offering from the Knoxville Technology Council's Women in Tech team and includes two general sessions, three breakout rounds, and a conference-ending happy hour.
The Knoxville Technology Council’s Women in Tech team is hosting an all-day expo on September 22 at the Knoxville Convention Center.
Under the theme of “Grow Better Together,” the event will feature keynote speaker Taryn Marie Stejskal, a world-renowned expert on resilience, mental health, and well-being in both leadership and life. She is the Founder and Chief Resilience Officer at the Resilience Leadership Institute in Philadelphia, PA, and the author of The 5 Practices of Highly Resilient People: Why Some Flourish When Others Fold. Stejskal previously served as Head of Executive Leadership Development and Talent Strategy at Nike and Head of Global Leadership Development at Cigna.
There are three blocks of three concurrent breakout sessions each on the following topics:
- Cyber Awareness Around Kids and Aging Parents;
- Networking to Enhance Your Career;
- The Female Advantage: Uncovering the Myths that Hold Women Back from Career Advancement;
- Personal Leadership;
- One of These Things Is Not Like the Other: Leverage Your Difference to Create Career Momentum;
- How to Excel and Lead in the Age of AI;
- Thriving as a Woman in a Male-Dominate Industry; and
- Stand Out: Leveraging Your Unique Superpowers to Achieve Your Career Goals.
One of the breakout sessions in the third and final block follows a general session on communications and the fact that people hear different things. Both sessions will be led by Jenny Boyett of Alpharetta, GA, a Consultant with The ColorWorks Group.
The day ends with a two-hour networking happy hour.
To learn more and secure a ticket, click here.