Drive Electric Tennessee shares top 10 EV breakthroughs of 2022
From batteries to defense to racing, here are some of 2022's top accomplishments in the electric vehicle world.
Electric vehicles (EVs) continue to grow in popularity across the region as more chargers are installed, more manufacturing facilities are built, and more research is done into electric batteries.
Drive Electric Tennessee, whose goal is to have 200,000 EVs on Tennessee Roads by 2028, compiled a list of 10 EV breakthroughs we saw in 2022.
- EV sales continue to soar, hitting an all-time high in 2022.
- Tax benefits were provided to EV owners that year.
- Work is being done to expand EV charging infrastructure outside of affluent areas.
- The defense industry is now showing interest in electrification.
- Studies show pets travel better in EVs, which can ease anxiety and reduce car sickness.
- Ford breaks ground on BlueOval City, which will produce EV versions of its popular models.
- Car racing sports look into more EV series and options.
- More businesses that depend on fleet services are opting for EVs.
- Tennessee is recognized as a state where the EV industry can flourish.
- Uber launches a pilot program for all-electric autonomous vehicles for ridesharing.
Each of these breakthroughs is explained in detail in Drive Electric Tennessee’s article, which you can read here.