Here are some newsworthy short items from the past week.
- Knoxville television station WVLT recently spotlighted the work of Bem Culiat, Co-Founder of NellOne Therapeutics Inc. and now Co-Author of a book titled Designed to Heal. Culiat said she and Co-Author Jennie McLaurin were careful to create a book that is an easy read full of inspirational stories while drawing on science. Click here to read the article and see the clip.
- Rockridge Venture Law® has been named a “Best for the World B CorpTM” for the third consecutive year. Rockridge, a Chattanooga-headquartered intellectual property, technology, and data privacy law firm, embraces a mission to scale high-impact companies and technologies while modeling a profitable framework of corporate social responsibility. Rockridge ranks among the top 5 percent of all B Corps for its community impact, with initiatives such as its “GIVE 10” commitment, social impact fellowship, river stewardship program, and regional social enterprise leadership.
- Savannah Robertson, an East Tennessee native and the former Manager of a juice bar on Knoxville’s Market Square, has been named Coordinator for Drive Electric Tennessee.
- Middle Tennessee State University’s (MTSU) entrepreneurship program has been ranked among the top 20 in the nation in terms of affordability. University Headquarters, an independent online resource for prospective higher education students, ranked MTSU 20th nationwide in its “Top 100 listing of the Most Affordable Entrepreneurship Colleges for 2021.” Among key factors considered in forming the ranking were accreditation, tuition, availability of online classes, and overall educational statistics such as retention and graduation rates.
- PolicyCo, a Nashville-based company using technology to streamline the business compliance journey, has raised $1.5 million in seed funding. The cloud-based compliance management platform helps emerging and mature companies incorporate structure into their policies.
- Jumpstart Foundry has posted a video from its recent “First Look” event that inytroduced the 17 companies in its newest cohort. You can click here to watch the roughly 44-minute video.