2024 PYA Ballard Innovation Award application set to open in February
The application for the 2024 PYA Ballard Innovation Award will open in February.
The PYA Ballard Innovation Award honors Tom Ballard, PYA’s Chief Alliance Officer, and a well-respected East Tennessee entrepreneurial community member. An East Tennessee native, Tom spent more than four decades building relationships for the University of Tennessee System and Oak Ridge National Laboratory throughout the region, state, and nation before joining PYA in 2012. He is the Editor and Publisher of teknovation.biz.
“As we once again open the floor for entries for the Ballard Innovation Award, our goal is to highlight and help East Tennessee entrepreneurs with supportive strategies that further their entrepreneurial efforts. This award allows us to connect with those innovators to help them grow and thrive as an established part of our community,” said Marty Brown, President and Chief Executive Officer of PYA.
The Ballard Innovation Award is the largest gift of cash and in-kind services available to East Tennessee entrepreneurs and startups. It is a reflection of PYA’s commitment to the region.
The first-place winner of the PYA Ballard Innovation Award will receive:
- $50,000 package of capital and in-kind services:
- $10,000 of Monetary Capital
- $ 2,500 of In-Kind Tax Advisory Support
- $ 7,500 of In-Kind Outsourced Accounting
- $10,000 of In-Kind Marketing Support
- $10,000 of In-Kind Strategy Support
- $10,000 of In-Kind Video Development
- Marketing and promotional awareness through earned media
- Physical award for presentation and marketing purposes
Subscribe to the teknovation.biz newsletter to keep up with the deadlines for the 2024 PYA Ballard Innovation Award.
Visit the official page for award information at pyapc.com/ballard
Applications will open in February.