Whisper Aero leaps forward in 2023 after operating in stealth mode
The company cites the closing of its $32 million Series A as placing Crossville on the map for energy start-up funding.
Whisper Aero, which emerged from stealth mode in 2023, is celebrating a number of accomplishments.
The company that has locations in Crossville and Nashville is developing next-generation, ultra-quiet, efficient electric thrusters. In a post ahead of the New Year, the company provided this recap of its achievements during 2023:
- Closed a $32 million Series A, placing Crossville on the map for energy start-up funding;
- Opened its Nashville office location and hired “serious talent”;
- Revealed its revolutionary electric ducted fan tech and Whisper Jet concept at AIAA AVIATION;
- Broke ground on Whisper’s future flight test hangar;
- Blew the world away with an ultra-quiet, ultra-efficient electric leaf blower; and
- Introduced ReConnecTN, a regional air mobility coalition based in Tennessee.