The Walton Family Foundation has released a new report, “Most Dynamic Metropolitans,” that ranks and discusses the country’s top 30.
The rankings are generated using performance-based metrics such as job growth, average annual earnings, and Gross Domestic Product (GDP) gains and a new metric, the proportion of total jobs at young firms. The young firm employment ratio influences economic growth as new firms develop new products, services and advance innovation. It encapsulates information on the capability of entrepreneurs to start businesses and scale them—critical for future job and wage gains.How does Tennessee rank?
- Nashville and its larger area including Murfreesboro come in at #26.
- Chattanooga comes in second to Nashville at #125.
- Morristown is ranked #153 with Clarksville at #193 and Jackson at #196.
- Knoxville comes in at #217 and Memphis is #244.
What other cities from the south place in the top 30?
- Lake Charles, LA is #13.
- Gainesville, GA comes in at #15.
- The larger Fayetteville, AR area is #17.
- Naples and Fort Myers, FL come in at #18 and #19 respectively.
- Raleigh, NC is #28.
- Charlottesville, VA is #30.
Click here to access the report.