The University of Tennessee Research Foundation (UTRF) is announcing a call for submissions for the sixth annual UTRF Maturation Funding program. Proposals are due by October 16. The program helps UT researchers further develop technologies that have potential for commercial success. Up to $15,000 in direct costs will be awarded to the highest-ranking proposals.
- Open to all UT researchers, faculty, staff, and students at all campuses and institutes.
- Projects must be related to an existing UT invention/creation disclosure, or a proposal can be accompanied by a new UT invention/creation disclosure.
- All proposals should generate new data that validate the technology and increase its commercial readiness. They should clearly describe how the expected results will increase the commercial opportunities for the technology.
- Proposals that only generate basic research results should not be submitted.
- Identification of potential commercial partners for collaboration on this proposal is encouraged.
- Proposals should describe the technology and its existing data, plan of work, expected results, budget, and an assessment of how the expected results will increase the commercial opportunities for the technology.
- Funds should be directed to labor, materials, and services necessary to achieve the proposed deliverable(s). Indirect costs are not allowed.
- Funds may not be used for PI salary, but may be used for student, post-doctoral, or technical staff support.
- Proposal should not exceed three pages, excluding references, which may be included as a one-page appendix. (The proposal plus the appendix must not exceed four pages.)
- Proposal should be received by the campus-specific research office (through TERA PAMS) by the close of business on Tuesday, October 16.
- Demonstration of a path for commercial development
- Market potential
- Stage of development
Deadlines & Schedule
- Proposal receipt by your research office: 5:00 p.m., October 16
- Awards announced: November 16
- Project start date: December 10
- Project completion date: September 13, 2013
- Final report due: October 11, 2013
For more information, contact David Washburn at email@example.com or 865-974-1882
Those at the Health Science Center may contact Janet Ralbovsky at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-448-1146