The Tennessee Small Business Development Center at Roane State Community College and the University of Tennessee’s Procurement Technical Assistance Program are joining forces to hold an “SBIR/STTR Technology & Commercialization Forum” February 18 in Oak Ridge.
The all-day event runs from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Pollard Technology Conference Center of Oak Ridge Associated Universities, 210 Badger Avenue. Among the presentations will be representatives of the U.S. Department of Energy and Department of Defense, two key players in the SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research) and STTR (Small Business Technology Transfer) program space.
Topics to be covered include:
- SBIR proposal tips and program topic releases;
- More specific information for universities and federal labs;
- State of Tennessee grants and matching funds;
- Technology commercialization strategies;
- Tips on pitching concepts;
- SBIR success stories; and
- Protecting intellectual property.
Cost to attend is $50. To register, click here.