UT CIS celebrating manufacturing across the state in October
The University of Tennessee’s (UT) Center for Industrial Services (CIS) is holding a series of “Manufacturing Showcases” across the state, starting October 1 in Knoxville. All of the sessions are free to attendees and include lunch, but space is limited.
The month-long event is being billed as a series of “celebrations and recognitions of manufacturing across Tennessee.”
“We’re looking forward to honoring Tennessee’s manufacturers for their contributions to our state’s economy,” said Paul Jennings, CIS Executive Director. “These events give us the opportunity to say thank you to our manufacturers who are creating high quality jobs in our state and learn more about the ‘Made in Tennessee’ initiative.”
Jennings added that “we’ll also take a few minutes to say ‘Happy Birthday’ to CIS for our 50 years of service. We’re seeing a lot of interest in the events and anticipate great turnouts.”
The schedule is as follows:
- October 1 in Knoxville – “Made in TN/CIS 50th Anniversary Day.” Set from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the UT Conference Center, 600 Henley Street.
- October 8 in Smyrna – “Manufacturing Day Luncheon.” Set for 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Nissan North America, 983 Nissan Drive (includes plant tour).
- October 10 in Lawrenceburg – “Manufacturing Day Luncheon.” Set for 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Bertolini Sanctuary Seating, 101 Motivation Drive (includes plant tour).
- October 15 in Martin – “Manufacturing Day in Northwest Tennessee.” Set for 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Boling University Center at UT Martin (includes plant tours).
- October 16 in Memphis – “Manufacturing Day.” Set for 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Memphis Bioworks, 20 Dudley Street (includes plant tours).
- October 17 in Jackson – “Manufacturing Day 2013.” Set for 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at UT’s West Tennessee Research and Education Center, 605 Airways Boulevard (includes plant tours).
- October 23 in Cookeville – “Manufacturing Day.” Set for 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Cummins Filtration, 1200 Fleetguard Road (includes plant tours).
- October 24 in Northeast Tennessee – “Tri-Cities Manufacturing Day.” Set for 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. with a tour that starts at Industrial Electronics Services in Gray (includes plant tours).
Registration information and additional details are available at https://cis.tennessee.edu/train/programtraining/Pages/Manufacturing-Showcases.aspx.