- (Be) Caffeinated, a chain of drive-through coffee shops, won the top prize of $50,000; and
- Sleepyhead Coffee, which has a single location in the downtown area, took second place and the $20,000 prize.
In addition to the prize money awarded to the top contenders, three other finalists won $10,000 each. They were:
- Mountain View Low Vision Services that offers a wide variety of high quality low vision products to people with vision loss;
- Neutral Ground Chattanooga, New Orleans-style po’ boy and yaka mein restaurant; and
- NewTerra Compost that provides homes, restaurants, education centers, hotels, businesses and events a better solution for disposal of food residuals and compostables.
TVFCU received nearly 150 applications from start-ups wanting to compete and whittled to applicants to 23 quarterfinalists, then 10 semi-finalists and eventually the five finalists.