The Tennessee Renewable Energy and Economic Development Council (TREEDC) will hold another free community wide energy forum on October 12 at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC) in the Signal Mountain Room of the University Center.
The event runs from 8:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m., but seating is limited to 85 pre-registrants. UTC and Volkswagen have joined with Michael Brady, Inc., UT’s Institute for Public Service, Tennessee Gas Association and Signal Energy Contractors as co-sponsors.
Registration is free and includes breaks and lunch, but pre-registration is required by October 8. To register, go to: http://www.treedc.us/forum_registrations/index.html. The current agenda involves a number of presentations.
- Introductions: TREEDC President/Ducktown Mayor James Talley
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Welcome Address : Dr. Will Sutton, Dean of College of Engineering and Computer Science, UTC
- City of Chattanooga Welcome Address: Mayor Ron Littlefield (invited)
- History of Electric Vehicle Transportation in Chattanooga: Dr. Ronald Bailey, UTC
- Developments in Renewable Energy Resources and Zero Energy Buildings at UTC and Around the World: Dr. Prakash Dhamshala, UTC
- Experience in Installing Wind Turbines and PV Concentration Panels: Robbin Russell, Signal Energy, Chattanooga
Panel 1: Opportunities for renewable energy in the Southeast Tennessee
- Alstom Power: Its contribution to Renewable Energy Power, Lawrence Quinn, CEO, Alstom Power
- University of Kentucky Empowered Energy Efficiency Program: Stu Shunk, Ameresco Regional Director
- UT Center for Industrial Services Energy Efficiency Initiatives: Keith Ridley, UT-CIS
- State Policy Considerations in the Solar Industry: Cortney Piper, Piper Communications
- Municipal Waste Conversion to Synthetic Fuels: Henning Bollerslev, 49 Green
Lunch: 12:15 – 1 p.m.
- “From Lean to Green and Other Developments at Volkswagen”: David Gustashaw, Volkswagen, Chattanooga
Panel 2: Future trends in Southeast Tennessee
- Compressed Natural Gas for Fleets: Bob Patterson, PBG Energy
- Smart Lighting Installation in Chattanooga, Don Lepard, President , Global Green Lighting
- Wacker Polysilicon , Dr. Erika Burk
- Green Cab Service in Tennessee: Melinda Grant, Green Cab of Nashville, TN