Maybe it’s something in the water, but one-third of the top 30 cities most attractive to young entrepreneurs are in the South, including two in Tennessee.
That is the result of voting by readers of online newspaper Under30CEO who selected the locations they thought were the best places for a new company to open shop based on local resources, culture, atmosphere and overall appeal to a young twenty-something.
Ten cities were selected in three categories of city size – large (More than 500,000 residents), medium (250,000 to 500,000), and small (100,000 to 250,000). Nashville was number five in the large population area, and Chattanooga was number one in the small category.
The other Southern cities were:
- Louisville – Number three in large.
- Atlanta – Number one in medium.
- Raleigh – Number two in medium.
- New Orleans – Number six in medium.
- Charleston, SC – Number three in small.
- Columbia, SC – Number five in small.
- Baton Rouge – Number nine in small.
- Birmingham – Number ten in small.
To read the complete rankings, go to http://under30ceo.com/top-30-best-cities-for-young-entrepreneurs-2013/.