Pretty impressive company for TCPoly Inc., one of the five start-ups that comprise Cohort 2 of Oak Ridge National Laboratory’s “Innovation Crossroads” program.
The company, co-founded by Matt Smith who also serves Chief Executive Officer, is the world’s first supplier of 3D-printed parts made of heat conducting plastics for the electronics industry. That distinction earned the company a place on the Technology Association of Georgia’s (TAG) “2020 Top 10 Innovative Companies” list.
According to this announcement from TAG, the 10 were selected “for showing the highest degree of innovation, the broadest scope and financial impact of their innovations, and the greatest effect of such innovation in promoting Georgia’s technology industry throughout the U.S. and globally.” They will showcase their technologies at TAG’s “The Summit” March 3-4 at Cobb Galleria, Atlanta.
Smith earned his PhD in materials science and engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology. TC Poly’s business address is listed as Doraville, GA. The other nine companies are:
- Centegix that has an innovate technology to save and enrich lives, because in a crisis every second matters;
- Connected Analytics has developed a Software-as-a-Service Internet of Things (IoT) management wireless carrier platform enabling analytics and control in a “Single Pane of Glass” across carriers;
- GROUNDFLOOR, a wealthtech platform that opens private capital markets to everyone;
- Layr that enables companies to get the business insurance they need in a few minutes and pay for it monthly with a credit card, entirely online;
- OncoLens is bringing collaborative and personalized treatment planning to the cancer patient through data integration and decision support;
- Oversight Systems, described as the world’s leading provider of artificial intelligence-powered spend management and risk mitigation solutions for large enterprises;
- Package Solutions LLC, developer of the “HelloPackage” that is described as the world’s most advanced package management system for high-density environments;
- Phosphorus Cybersecurity that has developed an automated IoT security system; and
- Scientific Games Corporation, billed as a world-leading innovator of games and technology for lottery, casino, social and online gaming, and sports betting.