The agenda for next week’s forum on “Opportunities in Energy: Public/Private Financing Options to Deploy Advanced Energy & Manufacturing” has been announced. The keynote speaker is Kevin Knobloch, Chief of Staff in the U.S. Department of Energy. He kicks-off the event at 1 p.m. December 10 at the Howard Baker Jr. Center for Public Policy on the University of Tennessee’s Knoxville campus.
Three other sessions are planned. They are:
Session 1: Finance tools and funding resources to accelerate Advanced Manufacturing
- DOE, Advanced Manufacturing Office representative
- Patrick Thomas , Investment Analyst, DOE, Loan Programs Office
- Jay Rogers, CEO, Local Motors
Session 2: Public/private partnerships and financing mechanisms for advanced energy projects
Moderator: Cortney Piper, Tennessee Advanced Energy Business Council
- DOE, Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy representative
- WECC (invited)
- Colin Bishopp, Renewable Funding LLC (invited)
- Ken Alston, Senior Advisor for Finance, DOE
- U.S. Economic Development Agency (invited)
Session 3: Speed Round: “I had no idea our region has so much going on!”
Moderator: Molly Cripps, Director, TDEC Office of Energy Programs
- Twelve companies will share a quick-fire, three-minute presentation about a successful advanced energy project or technology.
A networking reception is planned from 5 to 6 p.m. with a cash bar and hors d’oeuvres.
For more information including registration, click here.