As noted in the article about Text Request in today’s edition, “Startup Week Chattanooga” is well underway with nearly 100 events planned before the curtain comes down with a Friday night party. Click here to see the complete schedule and note that registration is required for some of the events.
Among the highlights each day are:
- TODAY: The annual “Will This Float?” competition with a new addition to its name “Female Founders.” The event is set to start at 6 p.m. October 21 at Startup Week Basecamp at Miller Plaza, 850 Market Street. It is organized by CO.LAB with support from EnrichHER and The Jump Fund.
- TUESDAY: The Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union is hosting its second annual “Idea Leap Grant Pitch Night” at Bessie Smith Cultural Center, 200 East Martin Luther King Boulevard. The event, which begins at 6 p.m., will have 10 small businesses vying for one of five grants that will total $50,000.
- WEDNESDAY: The Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce is scheduled to announce the winner of its “Spirit of Innovation” awardduring a ceremony beginning at 5 p.m. at The Signal, 1810 Chestnut Street, while LAUNCH CHA’s “Startup Showdown” begins at 6 p.m. at The Camp House, 149 East Martin Luther King Boulevard. Ten entrepreneurs will be pitching to win the grand prize.
- THURSDAY: The sixth annual “Chattanooga Startup Awards” event at Miller Plaza. Beginning at 7 p.m., the event will recognize the “Startup of the Year,” “Changemaker of the Year,” CO.LAB’s “High Growth Company of the Year,” INCubator’s “Goldfinch of the Year,” LAUNCH CHA’s “Micro-Business of the Year,” Society of Work’s “Co-worker of the Year,” and the “Charlie Brock Ecosystem Builder of the Year.”
- FRIDAY: The proverbial after party begins at 8 p.m. at The Bitter Alibi, 825 Houston Street.