It must be that time of the year.
Knoxville’s annual “Innov865 Week” that celebrates entrepreneurship began yesterday, and the organizers of “Startup Week Chattanooga” announced the same day their plans for that city’s celebration that runs October 19-23.
According to the announcement, there are more than 85 events planned, all being held virtually. The schedule includes three pitch competitions along with an unveiling of the teams in CO.LAB’s “Consumer Goods Accelerator” (4 p.m. October 20), the annual “Spirit of Innovation Awards” celebration set for 7 p.m. October 21, and the seventh annual “Chattanooga Startup Awards” presentation (4 p.m. October 22).
As part of yesterday’s email blast, CO.LAB invited nominations for the seven award categories at this link. Deadline to nominate is October 7.
The pitch events are:
- “Will This Float? Black Founders Edition” set for 12 noon October 19 (application deadline for those interested in pitching is 12 noon October 9 at this link);
- Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union’s “Virtual Idea Leap Grant Pitch Night” that begins at 6:30 p.m. October 20; and
- A “HealthTech Pitch” event to be held at an as yet undetermined time on October 22.
We also took note of these sessions that attracted our attention:
- “Innovation District 101: Let’s Talk About Resources” (11 a.m. October 19);
- Two sessions on various aspects of crowdfunding (10 a.m. and 1 p.m. October 20);
- A session featuring Co-Founders Lia Winter and Preston Dishner of Knoxville-headquartered Winter Innovations with the provocative title of “Walk a Mile in Our Shoes” (10 a.m. October 20).
- The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga’s annual “Entrepreneurship Virtual Breakfast (9 a.m. October 21);
- A conversation titled “Building a Powerful Startup Community” featuring Craig Fuller, Chief Executive Officer of FreightWaves, the fast-growing Chattanooga company, and Aaron Welch who has the unique position of Game Czar at FreightWaves (12 noon on October 21); and
- A conversation with local executives from across the country under the banner of “How Mayors Support Startup Economies (12 noon October 23).
Those interested in attending any of the events can register on the main webpage and then select those sessions of interest.