Solar energy can be an economic driver
An upcoming webinar from the Tennessee Advanced Energy Business Council will feature a panel discussion on how to use solar to enable best land use, maximize economic impact, and benefit the community.
The Tennessee Advanced Energy Business Council (TAEBC) will host a webinar titled “Solar Energy For Economic Development” at 2 p.m. EDT on June 12.
The event will feature a panel discussion between public and private partners about how to leverage solar energy to enable best land use, maximize economic impact, and benefit the community. Local elected officials, planning commissioners, local economic development officials, and state government departments and agencies, along with TAEBC members, are invited to attend.
The panel will be moderated by Kim Raia, Environmental Management Consultant with the University of Tennessee’s County Technical Assistance Service. Those on the panel include:
- Gina Brown, Director of Economic and Community Development, Silicon Ranch Corporation;
- Lindsay Hanna, Director of Government Relations and Climate Policy, The Nature Conservancy;
- Craig Fitzhugh, Mayor of the City of Ripley and a former Tennessee State Representative;
- Terry Wimberley, President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Paris Board of Public Utilities; and
- Kyle Spurgeon, President and CEO, Greater Jackson Chamber of Commerce.
To register, click here.