Smartria launches new solution ahead of expected SEC cyber rule
Named Cybersecurity Focus, the product is described as "purpose built" to align seamlessly with forthcoming regulations.
Knoxville-based SmartriaⓇ, a trailblazer in compliance management solutions for Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs), hybrid RIAs, and RIA compliance consultants, has launched its latest solution.
Named Cybersecurity Focus, the product is described as “purpose built” to mirror the proposed new Cybersecurity Rule that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is expected to release next month. In addition, a news release announcing the offering notes that nine states have already rolled out their own cybersecurity regulations.
“We developed Cybersecurity Focus to align seamlessly with forthcoming regulations,” said Mac Bartine, Chief Executive Officer of Smartria. “Our ultimate goal is to empower our clients with a truly comprehensive cybersecurity solution that not only protects their clients but also their own firms. We aim to provide our client firms peace of mind by enabling them to effortlessly prove compliance with this vital yet complex new rule, which is currently creating uncertainty and concern within our industry.”
Unlike other cybersecurity offerings, Cybersecurity Focus has placed careful attention on matching the full demands of the SEC’s rule as it’s been proposed, delving deep into its intricate requirements and their underlying intent. The robust solution packages an array of pivotal components together, including:
- Cybersecurity Policies and Procedures Templates: Pre-designed templates meticulously aligned with regulatory standards, ensuring a solid foundation for compliant operations.
- Associated Compliance Workflows: Streamlined workflows that facilitate adherence to cybersecurity policies and procedures, minimizing administrative overhead.
- Cybersecurity Training and Phishing Tests: Interactive training modules and real-world simulation tests, bolstered by compliance documentation to fortify staff readiness.
- Vendor Due Diligence: A systematic approach to evaluating and monitoring third-party vendors to safeguard sensitive data.
- Employee Access to Data and Incident Reporting and Tracking: Tools to manage employee access, bolster incident reporting mechanisms, and facilitate swift responses to potential threats.
- Information Technology, Device, and Cloud Surveillance and Reporting: Comprehensive surveillance of IT infrastructure, devices, and cloud systems, delivered by CybersecurRIA to be reportable within Smartria.