The event, sponsored by Techmer PM, has a unique name – “SHYFT Design + Innovation” – and a laudable goal – collaboration and engagement among all members of the research, development, innovation, and design communities. It will be held at the Hunter Museum in Chattanooga.
As described on the workshop webpage, “SHYFT aims to INSPIRE+, INFORM+, CONNECT+, ADVOCATE+, and ACT+.”
A quick review of the speaker line-up underscores the point about diverse and innovative thinking. Those scheduled for the program include:
- Platt Boyd, Founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Branch Technology Inc., the Chattanooga-based 3D printing company focused on the building industry. You can click here to access our previous articles on the company.
- Bryan Dods, the new CEO of IACMI – The Composites Institute located in West Knoxville but representing an international set of public and private sector members Click here to read our recent profile of Dods.
- Greg Haye, General Manager of the Materials and Process Development Center of Excellence at Local Motors, the company bringing 3D printing to the transportation sector.
- John Manuck, Chair and CEO of Techmer PM, a leading producer of custom color and additive masterbatch and engineered plastic compounds.
- Mark Shillum, Founder at Chief Creative Office, a business advisory firm with a strong focus on brand creation and management.
- Jenny Whitener, CEO of Bridge Innovate, a consultant specializing in leadership, strategy, innovation and change capability.
The program begins at 10 a.m. at the Hunter Museum in Chattanooga and ends about 7:30 p.m. after a networking reception. To register, click here.