The U.S. Small Business Administration’s Tennessee District Office recently announced a number of “2013 Entrepreneurial Development Award” recipients.
Four of the winners were from East Tennessee. They are:
- Small Business Person of the Year – Dr. Hash Hashemian, Founder/CEO, AMS Corporation of Knoxville.
- Entrepreneurial Success Award – Kimberly Dykes, Dykes Trucking, Inc., Fall Branch.
- Small Business Exporter of the Year – Barry & Monica Cochran, L. F. Deardoff & Sons, Inc., Cleveland.
- Minority Small Business Outreach Champion – Joshalyn Hundley, Equal Business Opportunity Program, City of Knoxville, Knoxville.
The other winners were:
- Financial Services Champion of the Year – First Advantage Bank, Clarksville.
- Home-Based Business Champion of the Year – Mary Weary, Menu Maker Catering, Brentwood.
- Women in Business Champion of the Year – Wanda Rea, Advantage Manufacturing Company, Friendship.
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Jennifer Cook, Harding Accounting PC, Hendersonville.
- Historically Underutilized Business Zone Small Business of the Year – Deb Warner, Graphic Label Solutions, Columbia.
- Family Owned Small Business of the Year – Michael Patrick Wade, Wade Nursing, Nashville.
- Veterans Small Business Outreach Champion – Russell Toone, Procurement Technical Assistance Center of the Center for Industrial Services, University of Tennessee, Jackson.