Two East Tennessee counties – Roane and Sullivan – have nearly one-third of the 22 “Select Tennessee Certified Sites” that are deemed ready for development.
The program, launched 15 months ago by the Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development (ECD), is administered by Austin Consulting and The Foote Consulting Group.
“Each of these sites have been carefully evaluated in order to minimize development risks to potential end users,” Brandon Talbert, Austin Consulting Location Consultant, said in a news release issued by ECD. “The required documentation allows companies to make an informed and timely decision because the site has already been subjected to a comprehensive due diligence process.”
In the same news release, Deane C. Foote, Foote Consulting’s President and Chief Executive Officer, noted the importance companies and site selectors place on locations “that are ready to go right now and often do not have the time to go through a lengthy review process.”
The East Tennessee certified sites, including three announced on Monday, are:
- Aviation Park Site I in Sullivan County;
- Bristol Business Park in Sullivan County;
- Cardiff Valley Road Site “Plus” in Roane County;
- Centre 75 Business Park (Lot 7 “Plus”) in Loudon County;
- Horizon Center in Roane County;
- Jones Road Site in the Roane Regional Business and Technology Park in Roane County;
- North Etowah Industrial Park Site in McMinn County; and
- Partnership Park II in Sullivan County.