Registration opens for fifth annual “Nuclear Opportunities Workshop”
The event on August 1 and 2 will feature three keynote speakers and seven panel discussions.
Registration is now open for the East Tennessee Economic Council‘s annual “Nuclear Opportunities Workshop” (NOW) scheduled for August 1 and 2 at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. The initial lineup of speakers includes:
- Mike Laufer, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Kairos Power;
- Deniece Thomas, Tennessee’s Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development;
- Stuart McWhorter, Tennessee’s Commissioner of Economic and Community Development;
- Pete Pappano, President and CEO, TRISO-X; and
- Kurt Terrani, Core Group Director, Ultra Safe Nuclear.
The 5th annual NOW Conference offers nuclear industry professionals or suppliers a place to learn about industry developments, business opportunities, and advancements in research and technologies. Participants will be able to network and connect with experts from the Tennessee Valley Authority, U.S. Department of Energy contractors, and both small and large companies who have demonstration projects, along with students, interns, and post-doctoral candidates.
During the course of the event which spans the afternoon of August 1 and all day on August 2, there will be three keynote speeches and seven panel discussions on topics like:
- Nuclear advanced reactor development status and lessons learned;
- Nuclear fuels;
- Nuclear fusion development and progress;
- Nuclear workforce, training, and technology advancements;
- Nuclear cleanup and environmental justice;
- Nuclear and energy security; and
- Nuclear medicine and radioisotopes.
Early bird registration is $300 through June 30. After that date, it increases to $350.