Curtain comes down on this year’s “AgLaunch Virtual Bootcamp” at a pitch event next Tuesday
The seven participants in this year’s “AgLaunch Virtual Bootcamp” will showcase their companies in a virtual pitch event from 7 to 9 p.m. EDT next Tuesday, July 27.
The event is hosted by Memphis-based AgLaunch and three East Tennessee entrepreneurial support organizations – Knoxville Entrepreneur Center (KEC), Sync Space (Kingsport) and The Biz Foundry (Cookeville). To register, click here.
The teams for 2021 are:
- Agreed which is accelerating the transition to regenerative agriculture by taking the experimentation out of optimization through gamified digital twins. Agreed maps farmers to CPG brands to increase farmer profitability and guarantee sourcing for sustainability-marketed products.
- Agriwater Corp which is addressing environmental sustainability for farmers by monetizing off-grid wastewater treatment and pollution control.
- GrowinLocal that is a platform empowering and enabling users from all socio-economic backgrounds to grow, purchase and exchange locally grown produce, meats and house-hold necessities in a hyper local virtual marketplace.
- Hempitecture which manufactures and distributes hemp-based building materials including their batt insulation product, HempWool®. These materials are safer, easier to use, and have a lower embodied carbon footprint than conventional building products.
- Innatrix that is developing eco-friendly biological products to control critical crop diseases, using a patented protein evolution platform.
- Open Agriculture Systems & Integrated Supply, Oasis for short, which is an accessible, open-source platform for precision agriculture and industrial automation.
- Susterre that is pioneering the use of ultra-high pressure fluid jet technology for row crop planting and seeding applications. The start-up’s technology promotes the adoption of no-till farming and cover crops, lowering the cost of farming while improving soil quality and preserving the earth’s natural resources.