Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) announced the latest addition to its leadership team yesterday. Xin Sun has been selected as the Associate Laboratory Director (ALD) for the Energy Science and Technology Directorate (ESTD).
Since joining ORNL in 2017, Sun has served as Interim ALD for ESTD and Division Director for Energy and Transportation Science. She’s the latest in a series of high-profile appointments announced in the past few weeks by ORNL Director Thomas Zacharia.
- Joan Bienvenue was named as Executive Director of the new Oak Ridge Institute, a joint venture between ORNL and the University of Tennessee;
- Balendra Sutharshan, Deputy Associate Laboratory Director for Operational Systems at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL), has joined ORNL as ALD for the Isotope Science and Engineering Directorate;
- Stan Wullschleger has been selected as ALD for Biological and Environmental Systems Science;
- Ken Andersen has been named ALD for the Neutron Sciences Directorate; and
- Alan Icenhour, former ALD for the Isotopes Directorate, was promoted to Deputy Lab Director for Operations to succeed Jeff Smith who is retiring.