Chattanooga’s CO.LAB has announced nine companies that will pitch next Monday at the annual “Will This Float” pitch competition that is a featured activity on the first day of “Startup Week CHA.” Scheduled for 5:30 p.m. October 18 at Waterhouse Pavilion, 850 Market Street, the event will feature:
- The Immersion Gallery, an ever-changing collection of immersive, themed exhibits featuring local artists, sculptors, dancers, animators, poets and more. It’s one part Gallery, one part theater, one part fun house. The Founder is Kevin Bate.
- Other Milk Company, an alternative milk brand that makes and delivers oat and pecan milk right to your door. Its Founder is Elizabeth Bounds.
- Vintage Outfitting, founded by longtime Chattanooga Entrepreneur Enoch Elwell. Vintage Outfitting provides curated overlanding adventure rentals of restored vintage Land Rovers and Land Cruisers, perfectly equipped with a rooftop tent, supplies, and pre-planned routes for an authentic vintage overlanding experience.
- Family Scripts, launched by Hope Henchey, is a paid weekly newsletter for parents that gives them guidance on how to enrich their kids’ lives.
- Outshine Adventures and Nomad Be Happy. The latter is a customizable adventure van rental company focused on promoting the local experience while also promoting our city as a whole around the country. Outshine Adventures is dedicated to providing sustainable eco-tours, immersive outdoor experiences and custom travel itineraries that inspire people to adventure differently. The Founders are Sunshine Loveless (Outshine Adventures) and Robby and Lindsey Eskridge (Nomad Be Happy).
- Soft Animal is a mobile safe space specializing in event curation for marginalized people. Founded by Charity Painter, the company seeks to celebrate being and create fun experiences by hosting events that cater to the “soft animals of our bodies.”
- Scenic City Broadway, founded by Garry Posey, is a dinner and theatre company catering to Chattanooga tourists.
- Restore Furniture is dedicated to building quality, artistic, durable furniture from recycled plastic waste. It believes that its products will genuinely make an impact on the plastic pollution crisis through the purchasing of plastic waste as a primary material for a long-lasting product. The Founder is Alex Stayte.
- Joy Delivery focuses on the hospital food delivery process using autonomous robots to help deliver the food in a pre-planned manner based on an analysis of data about a patient’s diet. Alberto Reyes is the Founder.
To register for any or all “Startup Week CHA” events, click here.