On the eve of the final day of “Startup Week Chattanooga,” a number of organizations came together late yesterday afternoon to celebrate those who make the Gig City’s entrepreneurial ecosystem so strong. It was the seventh annual “Chattanooga Startup Awards” ceremony, sponsored by the Chambliss Startup Group.
Delivered virtually via Zoom, the event included nine awards with one double award winner – Rhinogram, a start-up that we spotlighted last year in this teknovation.biz article when the company was a participant in the inaugural “HealthTech Accelerator.”
The winners, in the order they were announced, were as follows:
- The Tennessee Small Business Development Center’s “Rising Star Award” – Bill and Wanda Lee of Gate 11 Distillery;
- Society of Works’ “Coworker of the Year” award – Operation Get Active;
- Causeway’s “Changemaker of the Year” – Roe Anderson of Girl Stance;
- INCubator’s “Goldfinch of the Year” – Kaleena Goldsworthy of The Bitter Bottle;
- CO.LAB’s “High Growth Business of the Year” – Rhinogram;
- The Enterprise Center’s “Volunteer of the Year” – Kathy Mindell;
- Launch Chattanooga’s “Micro-business of the Year” – Susan Freeman of Susan M. Freeman Enterprise; ad
- Charlie E. Brock “Ecosystem Builder of the Year” – Lakweshia Ewing; and
- “Startup of the Year” – Rhinogram.