The annual “Opportunities in Energy” forum hosted by the Tennessee Advanced Energy Business Council (TAEBC) is set for the afternoon of December 8.
Normally held in Knoxville as an in-person event, this year’s discussion will be virtual. The focus will be two-fold: (1) making Tennessee a destination for the electric vehicle supply chain; and (2) a preview of TAEBC’s next Advanced Energy Economic Impact Report.
Keynote speaker is Bob Rolfe, Commissioner of Economic and Community Development for the State of Tennessee. Other presenters include:
- John Hopkins, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Institute for Advanced Composites Manufacturing Innovation, better known as IACMI;
- Mike Swords, Vice President for Government Affairs and International Relations with the Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator and its Transportation Electrification Partnership;
- Tom Rogers, President and CEO of the University of Tennessee (UT) Research Park at Cherokee Farm;
- Matt Murray, Director of the Howard H. Baker Jr. Center at UT, Knoxville;
- Amy Henry, Director of Transformative Innovation, TVA; and
- Marc Gibson, UT, Knoxville’s Associate Vice Chancellor of Research.
The 90-minute event, delivered via Zoom, begins at 3 p.m. EST. Registration is free for TAEBC members and $25 for others. To register, click here.