Life Science Tennessee has announced its new officers and Board of Directors members for 2013. Sam Lynch, President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Franklin-based BioMimetic, is the group’s new Chair. New board members from East Tennesseans are:
- David Adair, Chief Science Officer, Chairman of the Board, and Founder, Glenveigh Medical in Chattanooga; and
- Dave Washburn, Vice President, University of Tennessee Research Foundation (UTRF) in Knoxville.
Returning board members from East Tennessee include:
- Tom Ballard, Director of Innovation and Entrepreneurial Initiatives, Pershing Yoakley & Associates;
- Kim Denton, President, Oak Ridge Economic Partnership;
- Jim Frierson, Tennessee Valley Energy;
- Kelly Tiller, Ph.D., President and CEO, Genera Energy; and
- Ken Woody, President, Innova.
The organization also created a new group called “Board Observers” and named three East Tennesseans to the inaugural class. They are:
- Paul Fitzpatrick, CEO, Advanced Catheter Therapies;
- Doug Grindstaff, CEO, Nusirt Sciences; and
- Eric Latham, Founder and CEO, IPE, Inc.