“Let Her Invest” returns for a second summer run
The three-session series is designed to empower, educate, and create a safe space for women to take ownership of their personal finances. For summer 2023, the focus will be on building wealth.
After last summer’s successful run, Knoxville nonprofit Let Her Speak has announced the return of the three-part investment series titled “Let Her Invest.”
The sessions are designed to empower, educate, and create a safe space for women to take ownership of their personal finances. For summer 2023 the focus will be on building wealth and what that really means/looks like.
According to promotional material, the sessions are open to any woman who:
- Feels lost when people start talking about investing
- Has struggled with knowing where to even start when it comes to personal finances
- Has never found herself in a space where it’s okay to talk about money
- Has felt like they’d be judged for asking questions about finances
- Feels left behind when it comes to growing their personal wealth
All sessions will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Knoxville Entrepreneur Center on Market Square, and appetizers and drinks will be provided. Dates, topics, and speakers are as follows:
- June 15 – “Money Mindset & Real Wealth” featuring Michelle Waymire, Founder of Young & Scrappy, and Steph Blue, Owner of Bee Creative Consultancy & Mommy’s Essential Guide.
- July 20 – “Investing for Your Life Goals” featuring Erin Hall, Financial Advisor, Edward Jones, and Mary Martin, Vice President and Client Services Advisor, Pinnacle Financial Partners.
- August 24 – “Thinking Beyond Investments” featuring Emily DeJarnett, Financial Planning Specialist and Financial Advisor, and Terry Morgan, Client Service Associate, both with The McGlothin Group.
To register for any or all of the sessions, click here.