Jumpstart Foundry, the Nashville-based healthcare venture capital firm that is one of the most active of its kind nationally, has announced its largest cohort to date.
The 18 companies included in the “JSF Spring 2022 Cohort” were chosen from nearly 200 companies that applied for consideration. The firm will select a second and final 2022 cohort for investment later this year.
Each participating company receives an investment of $150,000 via standard post-money SAFE notes. Additionally, the 18 start-ups will be onboarded into Jumpstart Foundry’s exclusive program for healthcare entrepreneurs, “Jumpstart Insight.” Through this program, founders are provided the opportunity to sharpen their business management and leadership skills while also gaining a deeper understanding of healthcare industry dynamics.
- base86, Inc. is described as radically optimizing the healthcare supply chain with data and transparency to shake up a marketplace dominated by an oligopoly of suppliers.
- EmpoweRx offers a holistic approach to reimagine contingent staffing practices for the healthcare industry with workforce solutions providing access to its vetted network of independent clinician-owned staffing agencies to reduce hiring risk and onboarding time.
- First Choice Bio LLC is a distributor that provides biotech and pharmaceutical research laboratories with whole blood, bone marrow, and derived primary immune cells from healthy and disease-carrying human donors.
- Klaatch is dedicated to ending the staggering burden of loneliness in older adult communities. Its Social Quotient service is the first holistic measure of individual and community social connection and a suite of tools that increase social connection, reduce loneliness, and improve KPIs. But it’s not just about data.
- LiveFreely Inc. provides cutting-edge digital health technology solutions that empower seniors and caregivers to take control of aging. Through artificial intelligence (AI), LiveFreely’s app named BUDDY monitors, tracks, and alerts seniors, caregivers, and emergency services of critical health issues in real-time.
- My Relief Wear LLC is a casual cold therapy clothing company with patent-pending technology changing the process of icing pain by fusing ice packs and clothing.
- MygenoMD is a Software-as-a-Service telehealth platform that applies genetic data to routine healthcare using AI to help millions of people live longer and healthier lives. They focus on combining remote patient monitoring with automation technologies to enable providers to deliver more personalized care.
- One Stop Wellness Inc. is a health literacy platform that pays employees to identify chronic health risks and educates them to improve their behaviors in a few minutes a day. Through machine learning, each user has a personalized wellness plan specific to their health risks and engages in on-demand virtual classes to engage with leading experts.
- Optikal Care Inc. is a contact lens subscription service and voluntary employee health benefit which aims to break down the high cost of contact care into easy payroll deductions.
- PreventScriptsTM is on a mission to empower primary care providers to simplify healthy living for their patients and ensure good health is within reach.
- Roxie Health is a uniquely scalable digital engagement tool that takes in patient-generated data to enable timely escalation and prevent negative health outcomes. Roxie Health uses senior-friendly text messages and web-based engagement techniques along with clinically validated assessments.
- Spanton Dynamics Inc. provides pioneering assistive technology to support the immediate treatment and transfer of injured persons in a wide range of applications. Through the innovative patent pending Spanton Board, the company is committed to revolutionizing and transforming the lives of patients and practitioners worldwide.
- Start Talking LLC makes it easier and more accessible for patients to get the behavioral health therapy they need by using a Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) compliant and encrypted video platform for teletherapy.
- The Shepherd Company LLC is a mobile platform that enables family caregivers to manage their own health — as they are caring for others.
- Transition CAN Inc. is a recruiting platform addressing the widespread shortage of essential healthcare support workers, beginning with Certified Nursing Assistants. Transition creates collaboration between healthcare companies and allied health training schools to optimize employment outcomes.
- Valhalla Healthcare is a team of doctors, developers, and data scientists on a mission to leverage AI and automation technology to solve healthcare problems. Their first solution is Allevia, an intelligent patient intake tool that automates documentation for healthcare providers.
- WellnessWins CRM is a customer relationship management tool that enables owners of private group practices of mental health services to scale their practices by engaging and onboarding more prospects while remaining HIPAA compliant and sensitive to the unique client relationship needs.
- Xcellent Life LLC, a company that we have spotlighted in the past on biz, is a digital health and wellness company that provides an AI-powered software and mobile app platform to empower wellness using their technology for Real-time Human Diagnostics (RtHD), which is like an Onstar system for the human body.