It’s about time.
Knoxville’s annual “Innov865 Week” kicks-off Monday with a Facebook Live talk from Randy Boyd, President of the University of Tennessee, and culminates in the Friday awards ceremony where the winners of “Startup Day” will be announced. The finale at the end of the week will also feature a fireside chat with the inaugural winner of the “Innov865 Impact Award, presented by Verizon to recognize an inventor who has made a positive impact in the fight against COVID-19.
In between those bookend events, readers have the opportunity to attend these sessions:
- 3 to 4 p.m. EDT on Monday, September 28: “Spark Innovation Center Showcase” featuring the six start-ups comprising the inaugural cohort. You can read more about them in this recent biz article and register for the virtual event here.
- 2 to 4 p.m. EDT of Tuesday, September 29: “Startup Day” pitch fest. To register, click here. To learn more about the six companies pitching, read our recent biz article here.
- 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EDT Wednesday, September 30: “Innovation Crossroads Showcase” spotlighting the five start-ups that comprise Cohort 4 of the program managed by Oak Ridge National Laboratory. To register, click here.
- 5:15 to 6:15 p.m. EDT Wednesday, September 30: Finale pitch competition for entrepreneurs participating in the fall edition of the “Vol Court Speakers Series and Pitch Competition” hosted by the Anderson Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. For the first time in the twice-a-year event’s history, those pitching will use a modified version of the PechaKucha format. To view the event – no pre-registration required, click here.
- 10 a.m. to 12c noon EDT on Thursday, October 1: “Raising + Rising,” a hybrid event of pre-recorded pitches, live Q+A, and round table discussions and networking organized by the Knoxville Entrepreneur Center (KEC) and Three Roots Capital. To register, click here.
- 5:30 to 7 p.m. EDT on Thursday, October 1: A virtual happy hour celebration and conversation with area businesses that made the cut on Magazine’s list of the nation’s 5000 fastest growing businesses. You can see the list by clicking here for our recent teknovation.biz article and here to register for the event.
Hosted by the Innov865 Alliance, “Innov865 Week” spotlights Knoxville as a great place to start and grow businesses and connects the entrepreneurs planting roots here with support systems to succeed. Founding members of the Alliance include PYA, the power behind teknovation.biz; three parts of the University of Tennessee (UT) – UT Research Foundation, UT Knoxville’s Anderson Center, and UT Research Park; Oak Ridge National Laboratory; Three Roots Capital; Tennessee Valley Authority; Launch Tennessee; Knoxville Entrepreneur Center; and Bunker Labs Knoxville.