More info on SBIR/STTR solicitations
Bill Wiley of the University of Tennessee’s Center for Industrial Services has provided several additional updates on SBIR and STTR solicitations. The first is about pre-solicitation notices on Army and Navy programs. The second is an upcoming webinar series on the Department of Energy Phase I solicitations.
Army and Navy Solicitations:
A pre-solicitation notice for the Army and the Navy BAAs for the Rapid Innovation Funds (RIF) have just been released. The goal of the Navy’s Rapid Innovation Fund is to transition innovative technologies that resolve operational challenges or other critical national security needs into Navy acquisition programs.
You’ll find the Navy’s at: https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&tab=core&id=13049683c0135713272c948edd6630d4&_cview=1
The Army’s goals of the RIF reflect DoD’s emphasis on rapid, responsive acquisition and the engagement of small, innovative businesses in solving defense needs.
These BAAs are primarily for the transition of technologies developed by small businesses, including those resulting from the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program and DoD reimbursed Independent Research and Development (IR&D).
- White paper has to be submitted first.
- The cost or price of an individual award will not exceed $3 million.
- The period of performance of an individual award shall not exceed 24 months.
- Funds available for awards are $50 million.
- See BAA for topics.
DOE Phase I Webinars:
- Webinar 1: Monday, July 30, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. to 12:05 p.m. EDT. To Register, please click on this Webinar 1-specific link: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/pgar1qj1yk8n. Webinar 1 covers the following topics by DOE program: (1) Introduction: Manny Oliver, DOE SBIR/STTR Programs Director – 10 minutes; and (2) Topics 3-15: Office Basic Energy Sciences – 55 minutes
- Webinar 2: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. to 3:20 p.m. EDT. To register, please click on this Webinar 2-specific link: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/m65ahrw6dh9c. Webinar 2 covers the following topics by DOE program: (1) Introduction: Manny Oliver, DOE SBIR/STTR Programs Director – 10 minutes; (2) Topics 1-2: Office of Advanced Scientific Computing Research – 10 minutes; (3) Topics 17-20: Office of Biological & Environmental Research – 20 minutes; (4) Topics 22-26: Office of Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation – 20 minutes; and (5) Topics 27-30: Office of Fusion Energy Sciences – 20 minute.
- Webinar 3: Wednesday, August 1, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. to 3:05 p.m. EDT. To register, please click on this Webinar 3-specific link: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/w5le402mnp05. Webinar 3 covers the following topics by DOE program: (1) Introduction: Manny Oliver, DOE SBIR/STTR Programs Director – 10 minutes; (2) Topics 31-37: Office of High Energy Physics – 35 minutes; and (3) Topics 39-42: Office of Nuclear Physics – 20 minutes.
Following each event, these webinars will be recorded and available on the DOE SBIR/STTR Programs Office.