Grizzle highlights 2013 “GIGTANK” changes; seeks aplicants, mentors and investors
Friends of GIGTANK,
I wanted to let you know that applications for GIGTANK 2013 are now open – and the team here at CO.LAB is pumped!
This year, as we begin our selection process, we’ll be searching for pioneers – entrepreneurs who have the desire and the ability to build and test next-generation products on Chattanooga’s living fiber network.
Here are some of the highlights of our second iteration of GIGTANK:
- Focus on four verticals: Home & Media, Health & Wellness, Retail, and Transportation
- Introduction of the GIGTANK “toolkit” which helps entrepreneurs take products to market faster
- $10,000 – $100,000 in funding for each team plus access to prototyping capital
- Pool of individual specialists to round out startup teams
- Investment “roadshow” following Demo Day for top performing teams
We’d love some help getting the word out to potential applicants, mentors, investors and “toolkit” technology contributors. The application deadline is March 22, 2013. For details and more information, check out our updated website at TheGigTank.com.
I believe GIGTANK 2013 will produce things that will change the way we live, and I hope you’ll be a part of it.
Sheldon Grizzle, CO.LAB Founder & Chief Strategist and GIGTANK Director