“Global Entrepreneurship Week” includes many regional events
November 12-13: ei2012! (Knoxville)
• HOST: Tech 20/20
• TIME: 7:00am on Monday, November 12 – 4:30pm EST on Tuesday, November 13
• LOCATION: Marriott, 500 E Hill Avenue, 37915
• SUMMARY: ei2012! will connect innovators with entrepreneurs to foster commercializing new technologies, form new start-ups, and expose entrepreneurs to capital and business opportunities.
November 13: 2012 Spirit of Innovation Awards (Chattanooga)
• HOST: Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce
• TIME: 11:00am-1:00pm EST
• LOCATION: Chattanooga Convention Center, 1150 Carter Street, 37401
• SUMMARY: Innovation fair and luncheon featuring keynote speaker Jonathan Taplin, Director of the Annenberg Innovation Lab at the University of Southern California.
November 14-16: Life Sciences TN-Annual Meeting and Venture Forum (Nashville)
• HOST: Life Sciences Tennessee
• TIME: 8:00am on Wednesday, November 14 – 1:15pm CST on Friday, November 16
• LOCATION: The Marriott at Vanderbilt, 2555 West End Avenue, 37203
• SUMMARY: The 2012 Life Science Tennessee Annual Meeting promises one of the most compelling gatherings of the state’s life sciences community featuring discussions and presentations on the changing nature of health care delivery; lowering health care costs through new innovations; delivering promising new drugs, especially those afflicted by a rare disease; and providing better nutrition and products while conserving our natural resources.
November 15: Will This Float? (Chattanooga)
• HOST: The Company Lab (Co.Lab)
• TIME: 6:00pm-10:00pm EST
• LOCATION (UPDATED!): Downtown Public Library, 4th Floor, 1001 Broad Street, 37402
• SUMMARY: Diverse set of startups from Chattanooga and across the region pitch their business ideas to investors and community leaders.
November 16-18: Startup Weekend TriCities (Johnson City)
• HOST: AccelNow
• TIME: 6:30pm on Friday, November 16 – 9:00pmEST on Sunday, November 18
• LOCATION: East Tennessee State University’s Brown Hall
• SUMMARY: Startup Weekends are 54-hour events where developers, designers, marketers, product managers and startup enthusiasts come together to share ideas, form teams, build products, and launch startups.
November 16: Boyd Venture Pitch Competition (Knoxville)
• HOST: UT’s Anderson Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
• TIME: 8:30am-2:00pm EST
• LOCATION: College of Business Administration, 453 Haslam Business Building, 37996
• SUMMARY: Opportunity for student-owned businesses to pitch private investors for $20,000 in seed funding.