Five Knoxville businesses named to tenth ‘The Works’ cohort
The Works is an accelerator program for early-stage startup founders who have an amazing business idea and the skills to pull it off.
Launched by KEC in 2014 as MediaWorks, The Works is a start-up accelerator for East Tennessee-based early-stage technology, media, and consumer goods companies. The program has championed over 80 startups, including some of the area’s fastest-growing companies such as Lirio, RDI Technologies, QuantumLock, and Smart RIA. All of these companies are creating jobs and collectively driving tens of millions of dollars of investment and revenue into the region.
The goal of The Works program is to promote and accelerate the success of a burgeoning start-up community in East Tennessee by guiding early-stage companies through the business development process while connecting the teams with potential strategic and financial partners. During the course of The Works, the participating startups will receive over $50,000 worth of services, consulting, and potential financing. In years past, the program has continued beyond the summer into monthly work sessions across the rest of the year.
The companies and their founders making up Cohort 10 of The Works are:
- Loop | Founded by Luke Wiseman, Riley Doty, and Jackson Walker | Mentored by John Morris | Loop is an AI-enabled reporting and communication platform built for school districts and K-12 educators.
- TravL | Founded by David Schwall | Mentored by Bryan Foster | TravL is a mobile communication and management app for group travelers. TravL participated in What’s The Big Idea? Pitch Competition 2023.
- B-Roll Bank | Founded by Jonathan Halley | Mentored by Bob Bradley | B-Roll Bank is a database management software that gives clients access to their footage and photos. B-Roll Bank is the winner of What’s The Big Idea? Pitch Competition 2023.
- ZenHammer | Founded by Edwin Williams | Mentored by Richard Dapaah | ZenHammer is a mobile management and communication app for contractors and subcontractors.
- AR Hero | Founded by Brant Hindman | Mentored by Jenna Johns | AR Hero is an augmented reality marketing software. AR Hero was a participant in What’s The Big Idea? Pitch Competition 2023.
Running from June 14th to September 13th, this business accelerator program will be another fantastic experience for the participants, mentors, investors, and Knoxville entrepreneurial community.