Finalists announced for next week’s “Will This Float?” competition
CO.LAB announced yesterday that eight finalists have been selected to pitch their business ideas at the annual “Will This Float?” competition set for 6 to 9 p.m. Monday, October 16.
Admission to event, scheduled for River Place at 2 West Aquarium Way, is free but registration is requested. Click here to do so.
The finalists are:
- Flaming Monkey Flying Circus, a Chattanooga-based artist collective that creates interactive art installations and breaks from the traditional artist compensation model. The group will develop large-scale exhibitions in tourist-heavy areas and elsewhere, paying artists a percentage of ticket sales and then exporting their creations and concepts to other cities. Presenters are Raquel Mullins and Kevin Bate.
- Infinite Closet, an on-demand, micro-storage service that gives urban residents access to their personal belongings without having to maintain physical possession of them. For a low monthly price, customers receive durable, plastic storage containers, unlimited pickup and delivery service, and storage space in a secure, climate-controlled environment. The presenter is Kevin Cherrick.
- InfinityCo. LLC, the creator of Interactive Intellectual Room Assistance (IIRA), a guest-room software for the hospitality industry that allows customers to use their phones to control their room’s environment. Guests at hotels and other participating sites can use the platform to adjust the lighting and temperature of their rooms, unlock doors and more. It will be presented by JaQuar McMickle.
- Please Assist Me, a technology-based platform that allows customers to outsource their weekly household chores to a team of trusted professionals. The service offers a comprehensive solution to people with busy lifestyles, managing everything from their groceries, laundry, dry cleaning, mail, housecleaning and more at an affordable price. Stephanie Cummings will present her idea.
- SWAYY, a design and manufacturing company that produces fully-insulated hammocks. The company aims to minimize the gear used in overnight camping while also providing comfort for a variety of seasons. The presenter is Seth Hill.
- The House, a “what’s going on tonight” app for restaurants and bars. The platform showcases daily happenings and exclusive offers at all the best spots in town for happy hours, specials, events, live music and more. Matt Patterson will pitch the concept.
- Tryall, a web and mobile platform that allows users to test subscription-based products without the typical stresses of free trials. The platform helps users find and easily manage free trial subscriptions, receive personalized recommendations for other free trials, and track expiration dates to avoid incurring charges for products and services the user does not want to purchase. Jason Oteng-Nyame is the presenter.
- Woorly, a social CRM mobile app that connects the smallest of businesses with their existing customers while helping them find new ones. The platform also enables customers to quickly find exceptional service providers and rewards them for sharing their experiences. The presenter is Aaron Welch.
To learn more about the event and the prizes, read CO.LAB’s news release (Will This Float_Finalists Announced_2017).