DOE releases information about upcoming SBIR Phase I opportunities
Topics for our FY13 SBIR/STTR Phase I Release 1 Funding Opportunity Announcement have been issued and are available on our website: http://science.energy.gov/~/media/sbir/pdf/docs/DOEFY13PhaseIRelease1Topics071612.pdf
The DOE program offices participating in this solicitation include:
- Office of Advance Scientific Computing Research
- Office of Basic Energy Sciences
- Office of Biological and Environmental Research
- Office of Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation
- Office of Fusion Energy Sciences
- Office of High Energy Physics
- Office of Nuclear Physics
Please note the following two important changes to our topics for FY13:
Technology Transfer Opportunities: DOE program offices have incorporated technology transfer opportunities from DOE National Laboratories into selected topics. Please see information about this new initiative on page 1 of the Topics document.
Maximum Award Amounts: Unlike in the past where the same maximum award amounts were used for all of our topics, DOE program managers now have the flexibility to set higher amounts based on the R&D being requested under their topics. Each topic name will have the Phase I and Phase II maximum award amounts listed. Be sure that your application does not exceed the maximum award amount for the topic to which you are applying.
Important Upcoming Dates
- Week of July 30th: We will hold webinars on the topics issued today. DOE program managers will briefly discuss their topics and answer questions. Look for an email later this week!
- Late August: We will be holding a webinar to discuss important changes to the DOE SBIR and STTR programs for the coming year.
||Monday, August 13, 2012|
||Tuesday, September 04, 2012|
||Tuesday, October 16, 2012|
||Early January 2013*|
|*Preliminary Dates Subject to Change|