Date and theme announced for “Spring 2022 Small Business Innovation Conference”
The “Spring 2022 Small Business Innovation Conference” will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. EDT on May 5. The “virtual only event” will be hosted by the Procurement Technical Assistance Center of the University of Tennessee (UT) Center for Industrial Services in partnership with Launch Tennessee, UT Research Foundation, Epicenter Memphis, and the ZeroTo510 Medical Device Accelerator.
Organized around the theme of “Highlighting Life Sciences & Medical Innovation,” the agenda will highlight the importance of life science and medical device innovation to multiple Federal agencies. It will also include tips on how to find relevant opportunities in the federal Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) areas, proposal strategies for innovation funding, and the thoughts of early stage investors about commercializing strategies.
Key speakers include:
- Henry Ahn, SBIR/STTR Life Science Topics Program Manager with the National Science Foundation;
- Stephanie Fertig, SBIR/STTR Program Leader with the National Institutes of Health;
- Mark Shusterman, Medical Advisor with AFVentures;
- Jenna Roueche with the U.S. Air Force AFWERX program; and
- Terrence (TJ) O’Neil, the Johnson City-based Founder of HD Clean LLC and an SBIR winner.
To register, click here.